History

2014 Establishment of a joint venture of the companies HILTI and Seuffer based in Hirsau.

2013 Move of manufactoring business segment PWM in a new building in Bitterfeld-Wolfen.

2012 Establishment of a joint venture with company Febana, head office in Sömmerda for manufacturing of mechanical small switches.

2010 Establishment of a joint venture of the companies Seuffer / HKR and Krah based in Shanghai.

2009 Move in development center.
2008 Planning the construction of development center.
2004 Expansion by a further 800m².
2002 Certification to the harmonised automotive quality system standard ISO/TS 16949.
2001 Seuffer celebrates its 75th jubilee.

2000 A further 900m² production area is added. The company now has around 280 employees.
1997 Extension expands the production area by 2000m².
since 1980 Launch of production of mechanical assemblies with integrated electronics: initially as controls for cooker hoods, later for products in other lines of business as well. In the years up to the present day: ongoing work on new developments – integrated intelligence for components and assemblies.
1979 Instigation of corporate philosophy of combining precision mechanics and electronics and start of electronic assembly manufacturing.
1977 The graduate engineer Manfred Oberländer takes over the company and forms Robert Seuffer GmbH & Co.
1971 The new production building is completed.
1964 The grinding mill which made up part of the old spoon-making smithery (1783) is torn down and an additional plating shop built.
1958 In order to take the pressure off the old electroplating shop, a new plant is integrated in the old building.
1955 Today's company office building is purchased..
1954 The first new building is erected for the tool-shop. Today it houses the injection moulding plant.
1951 The company workforce grows to 160 employees.

1950 The engineer Rudolf Seuffer joins the firm. During this period the company begins producing television and radio switches for renowned appliance manufacturers in Germany and abroad.
1943 Captain Robert Seuffer is killed on the eastern front.
1939 – 1943 The company receives equipment orders, including for radio, broadcasting and conductance parts.
1935 The hydraulic power produced by the firm itself to run its factory (and its own electricity supply) is replaced by power from the grid. As well as producing hooks, the company ran its own metal-spinning shop up to this point in time in which it manufactured trophies and other ornamental vessels. The firm's cutlery production is also discontinued around this time.
1934 The company has a workforce of 44 employees.

1930 A large tennis court is built for the employees on the grounds of today's new building – and annual championships started. The prepared playing grounds are also used in winter as an ice rink for the inhabitants of Hirsau.
1929 The glass-grinding optical business at the mouth of the Bärental valley is bought.
1928 Brassing electroplating shop is set up.
1926 The businessman Robert Seuffer from Stuttgart takes over the company, including its valuable registered trademark for 'Floreat' wall hook production.

1922 The firm is bought up by Floreat-Metallwerken AG (Stuttgart/Schwäbisch Gmünd) and a diverse range of cutlery and metal goods manufactured.
1920 The jewellery firm Fuchs and Franz manufactures cutlery, ornamental vessels, trophies, etc.
1914 Ernst Wolf from Pforzheim joins the company as a partner bringing orders for plane rear mufflers.
1779 The factory is taken over by Johann Martin Bär.
1766 Abraham Haußer and Georg Beller harness hydraulic power to set up a spoon-making smithery.
1635 The Beeri family moves to the grounds on which today?s factory continues to operate. The valley name Bärental is derived from this family name.